Friday 03 April updated on 04-03-2020 at 8:06
Friday 03 April updated on 04-03-2020 at 8:06
Sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss anything in les Arcs !
For next winter season, the ski area is being given a fabulous makeover to provide you with the finest setting for your holidays.
After the Aiguille Rouge panoramic footbridge, opened in December 2018, the ski area is pursuing the redevelopment of this high-altitude location to provide skiers and non-skiers with easy access to these outstanding views.
The bottom station of the Aiguille Rouge will be given a stylish black finish. You will be able to feast your eyes and admire the scenery courtesy of the wide picture windows installed to let in the light.
The Aiguille Rouge project is also enabling the ski area to develop its renewable energy systems through the installation of solar panels on the Aiguille Rouge and Varet stations.
Exclusively in les Arcs this year: the queue cutter on the Aiguille Rouge cable car, which can be booked online and gets you to the top more quickly.
From this winter, a new departure station will welcome you to the Funicular, fully refurbished with sales and information areas – and fully sheltered from bad weather.
The whole area surrounding the new funicular has been redesigned and refurbished to provide a reception hall where you can shelter from the snow.
The ski area has joined in this project and completely redesigned its reception, information and sales area. You will be able to find information about the ski area’s various products and benefit from personalised advice from our sales teams. An express sales area is also at your disposal to buy your passes more quickly.
It is now possible to put on your skis in complete safety and discover the joys of snow sports at your own pace thanks to ten green pistes spread over Arc 1800 and Arc 2000.
Beginners now have their own dedicated area with a free «first slides» zone and easy-access green runs.
Improvement areas in Arc 1800
To make learning to ski easier, the ski area has thought up a new concept which offers an improvement path based on three areas
> First slides : located on the snow front in les Villards, it’s the ideal place to put on your skis and discover the first sensations of snow-riding. Entry is offered free by the ski area.
> First turns : Board the les Villards telecabin to make your first turns at altitude with a view of Mont Blanc. This «First Turns» area is ideally exposed and enjoys plenty of sunshine throughout the day.
> First run on the les Cabanes green piste : this green piste which winds through the forest offers a number of opportunities for a convivial contemplative break.
You would like to go skiing, but want to try new experiences on your own or in a group.
Whatever your ability, there is something for all tastes!
- The Snowpark with its freestyle courses from beginner to competition level
- The Toboggan. Take offon a rubber ring and land on a big airbag
- In spring, cross the Waterslide pool on skis without getting wet
- The Boarder Cross courses made up of bumps, gates and banked turns
- Take on your adversary on the Slalom and relive your race on video with the Paradiski Yuge Mobile App
- The « scenario » pistes of les Cabanes and la piste Mauve link fun and varied obstacles to amuse all age groups
Skiers and non-skiers can meet up in the ski area and enjoy the same activities:
- The Aiguille Rouge footbridge: a 360° panorama and an uninterrupted view of Mont Pourri, the Italian Alps, the Vanoise Park, the Jura Mountains, the Aiguille des Glaciers and Mont Blanc
- Toboggan runs: Luge 1800 and Luge 2000
- The igloo village, which offers a unique immersion in an arctic setting, and where all age groups will marvel at the ice cave with its illuminated ice sculptures.
- The Piste des Etoiles in the heart of Arc 1950 enables you to follow in the footsteps of the great names of cinema, who have been leaving their mark on the Les Arcs Film Festival for 10 years.
And by night too :
- To extend your day by skiing on illuminated pistes: night skiing every day until 7.30 pm on the les Cabanes piste in Arc 1800 and once a week in each resort.
- The Family Torchlight Descent: a night-time descent, torches in hand, supervised by ski instructors
- The Luge 1800 is open to all age groups every day until 7.15 pm
The Paradiski YUGE app is improving continuously and offers ever more functions to transform your experience: badges to collect, monitoring your activity, weather, photo spots, waiting times on the ski lifts in real time, interactive bus maps … It’s the perfect companion for getting the most out of your holidays and enjoying the best thanks to an exclusive digital service!